Grace Slear: Vocal/Acting Reel, 2017
Maya Huberty: "A Change in Me," Beauty and the Beast, Downingtown Middle School, February 2018
Anja Tuominen: voice studio recital, Bishop Shanahan High School, May 2017
Lexi Gwynn: second place in The Vocalist Jr. 2014 competition at Media Theatre
Lexi Gwynn: recorded at MorningStar Studios, December 2013
"Part of Your World," from The Little Mermaid (uploaded 01/02/14)
I went with my voice student Lexi Gwynn to MorningStar Studios, where she recorded several songs to add to her new website (www.lexigwynn.com). My favorite track is her recording of "Part of Your World." I love it because it's such an authentic representation of who Lexi is: an expressive and passionate 11-year-old girl with a mature soul and a beautiful voice.
JD Triolo: Elf: The Musical, Walnut Street Theatre, November 2013 - January 2014
Watch JD Triolo as he performs the role of Michael in Elf. Another one of my students, Alexis Gwynn, is in the ensemble (though she does not appear in the video).
- Philly.com: Malvern Prep student J.D. Triolo, as Buddy’s half-brother Michael, brings professional-level charm and a gorgeously clear voice to songs such as “There Is a Santa Claus.”
- Broadway World: J.D. Triolo showcases his beautiful voice in a charismatic portrayal of Buddy's half-brother, Michael.
JD Triolo: Mame at Bucks County Playhouse and Media Theatre, April-June 2013
- Broadway World: interview of JD Triolo
- Montgomery News: JD Triolo is superb as young Patrick. His singing voice is strong and clear, and he acts the role like a pro.
- Philly Burbs: This Mame has a talented pair of Patricks in JD Triolo, who plays the boy, and Matthew Wojtal as the man. Triolo is already a serious trouper, with a beautiful voice and a keen sense of the pace required by musical comedy.
- NJ.com (quoting Andrea McArdle): “I just love doing the scenes with JD Triolo, who plays young Patrick, and I think his ‘My Best Girl’ is such an honest moment.”
- DC Metro Theatre Arts: Triolo plays the Younger Patrick first shyly and sweet, and then after Mame mentors him, he becomes more confident and assertive. Triolo has a wonderful sweet voice, especially in his rendition of “My Best Girl.”
- STAGE Magazine: JD Triolo delightfully plays and sings the role of Mame’s young nephew, Patrick. Triolo comes with impressive local theatrical experience for his young age.
JD Triolo: Media Theatre's Delco Idol Jr.
Congratulations to JD Triolo, who recently placed fourth in Media Theatre’s Delco Idol Jr. In addition to giving some stellar performances, JD also received some media attention. Marianna Salz of Examiner.com/Philadelphia wrote a profile of JD and praised his singing in a review:
If JD Triolo (9, West Chester) wanted to win the hearts of mothers, he certainly chose the right song, with “Mama, a Rainbow” (from Minnie’s Boys, a 1970 musical about the Marx Brothers). His sweet, yet powerful, performance brought tears to this mother’s eyes. It was, for this guest commentator, the evening’s most memorable performance.
JD Triolo sings “Mama, a Rainbow,” from Minnie’s Boys at Media Theatre’s Delco Idol Jr. (uploaded 07/19/11)
JD Triolo sings “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey at Media Theatre’s Delco Idol Jr. (uploaded 07/27/11)